Hello! And Welcome!
If you’ve made it this far, I guess you’re wondering who I am and what this blog is all about. That’s awesome! It means I haven’t bored the bleep out of you yet. And I hope I never do.
So first off… I started this blog because I’m convinced I have MUDD – Motherhood Unintentional Distraction Disorder. Now I mean no offense to mothers or parents of children with ADD or ADHD. My middle son was diagnosed with the latter when he was six. I also mean no disrespect to the official organization MADD or Mothers Against Drunk Driving. As the child of an alcoholic and having seen many lives destroyed by the bottle, I am a strong supporter of causes that protect the innocent and help victims and families of tragedies heal.
But seriously. Most days my brain is scattered all over the place. I either have MUDD or I am literally going mad. Between raising four kids (21, 19, 12 and 6-months), trying to keep up with the enthusiasm of a husband 15 years my junior, taking care of a house that never seems clean no matter how hard I try, pouring my heart and soul into a career I now question and always being on the hunt of the next big entrepreneurial thing, my brain is in constant hyper mode. I have a hard time shutting it off or slowing it down during the day, let alone at night. If I was to start a “to-do” list, I would constantly be to-doing and never actually doing. It’s just not practical or feasible for me.
I think the onset of MUDD started after the birth of my second child and second son. Having two young boys only two years apart and complete polar opposites was a challenge – a constant, neverending chess meets Twister challenge. From my youngest refusing to do anything for himself – because big brother was at his beck and call – to accidentally falling asleep for ten minutes and waking to find my new living room and kitchen covered from top to bottom in ketchup and mustard, my brain was and remains in hyper mode. Or is that overload?
Either way – I think I have MUDD. I could in fact be going mad. I know I’m literally MommiFried.
Some more about me:
- I’m the Senior Community Manager for one of the largest websites in the world. I’m also very tech-interested.
- I do social media consulting at night and on the weekends. My clients are awesome!
- I’m a bit (understatement) obsessed with Twilight – Team Edward! – sorry.
- I always wanted, but never thought I’d have a little girl. Then along came Aless (Alessandra).
- A four-legged child also calls me mama – a 9-year-old German Shepherd named Lady. She has been through it all with me.
- I’m addicted to the whoopie pies from the local store. They’re so amazing, I’d bathe in a tub of them!
- I was born, raised and still live in Maine. I’ll never understand why people are so eager to leave this state.
- I’ve worked from home since 1998 – successfully.
- I’ve started 8 businesses – each has failed. And I would start another in a heartbeat.
- I once worked out with Sean Penn – and didn’t know it. Swear! Ask me about it!
Hopefully these posts about my crazy and unconventional life bring a little joy to yours. Thanks again for reading!
You can reach me at mommifried @ gmail.com (no spaces).